Space NK UK

Monday 14 July 2014

MAC Monday: MAC Ravishing Lipstick

MAC Ravishing Cremesheen Lipstick

After my recent foray into the limited edition MAC Osbournes collection, I have returned to the permanent range for this week's MAC Monday. Lipsticks are always my weakness, because I am always searching for the absolute perfect specimen which works for all occasions (mind you I came pretty close with this one but I keep on looking just in case...). So in my most recent MAC visit I couldn't help but pick up Ravishing as a perfect summer colour.

MAC Ravishing Cremesheen Lipstick


Ravishing is a pale peachy coral colour with an undertone of warm pink. It is a really wearable colour for day or night. The colour is buildable so you can wear it a little bolder with a couple of coats or blot it for something more natural. It is not as orange or bright as Vegas Volt, not as coral as Costa Chic, but brighter than Shy Girl. At this time of year I love the orange and coral colours for lipsticks. I don't really wear anything too bold, so something like Ravishing is a great choice for me.

MAC Ravishing Cremesheen Lipstick
MAC Ravishing Lipstick

Ravishing is a Cremesheen finish. If you aren't familiar with the various MAC lipstick finishes then Cremesheen is a moisturing opaque lipstick with medium lasting power. Generally the Cremesheens are easy to wear but will need reapplying if you eat or drink, although they stick around better than a gloss or a crayon type lipstick. Like all of the MAC lipsticks Ravishing has the iconic black plastic bullet style packaging and that familiar MAC Lipstick vanilla scent (but no taste).

Sometimes it is hard to tell colours from photos online, so it might help you to see the swatch against other well known MAC shades. You can see below that Ravishing is peachier than Shy Girl and less brown than Freckletone. Fanfare is a warm pink (which I reviewed HERE) but Ravishing is a much warmer peachier colour. Ravishing is also brighter and less nude than Patisserie.

MAC Ravishing Cremesheen Lipstick comparison swatches with Shy girl, Freckletone,Fanfare and Patisserie
MAC Ravishing Cremesheen Lipstick comparison swatches with Revlon Matte Balm Mischievous & Revlon Lip Butter Juicy Papaya

Compared to other lipsticks that I have, I initially thought that Ravishing was similar to my Revlon Matte Balm in Mischievous (which I am finding difficult to wear and still haven't got to grips with it!). But you can see above that Mischievous is actually a much brighter apricot colour - the formula is of course completely different as Mischievous is matte and much drier. The closest colour I could find in my stash was my Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. I wouldn't claim it was a dupe because the formula of the Lip Butter is very sheer and I really had to to build up this swatch. Ravishing is more opaque, but it gives you an idea of colour.

I am really pleased with this latest purchase and I am looking forward to giving it a proper summer outing when I go on holiday soon (luckily we are going on a driving holiday this year so I will not be packing light!!). What are your favourite summer lipsticks?

MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Ravishing is £15 HERE.

If you too have a little MAC addiction then you might want to snoop through my other MAC favourites HERE. Still want more? Then take a look at Swatch and Review to see what Julie has chosen for her MAC Monday review this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment