Space NK UK

Monday 7 July 2014

MAC Monday: Sharon Osbourne Collection part 4 - Peaches & Cream Powder Blush

MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches & Cream Powder Blush

This week's MAC Monday post is dedicated to my final purchase from the recent Sharon Osbourne collection. It is the much hyped Powder Blush in Peaches & Cream. When I read some pre-release posts about this collection it was this blusher that everyone was getting excited about. I will admit that I was so keen to get my hands on this collection that I gave into the hype and added it to my online shopping basket without much thought.

MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches & Cream Powder Blush swatch

I think the name is a little misleading as this is a rose blush rather than a peach one. I assume the name references the idea of creating a 'peaches & cream complexion' - with a natural rosy tone. On me it is quite close to the colour that I turn when I blush. A make up artist once told me this is the shade of blusher you should aim for. (I will admit that I'm not sure about that seeing as I am prone to blushing and don't really want to emphasise it). However it is a pretty shade.


MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches & Cream Powder Blush packaging
MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches & Cream Powder Blush label

Like the other Sharon Osbourne MAC products, the packaging is red instead of the usual black. It also has Sharon's signature in lilac across it.

Peaches & Cream is a nice natural blush, although apply it carefully. On my first go I thought it didn't really show up on my skin, and then immediately went overboard and hurried off to work looking a little flushed/rash-like. The staying power is good too, as I could still see my over zealous efforts 5 or 6 hours later. It has a satin finish and therefore isn't too shimmery - it is a perfect daytime blusher.

At this time of year I am still favouring all things coral and orange when it comes to lips, nails and blusher (I'm using MAC Petal Power a lot - see my review HERE). But as soon as the weather cools then I will tone it down again and Peaches & Cream will get more use. In fact I think all of the Sharon Osbourne Collection items I bought lean towards autumn in their colouring, as there is bronze, gold, berry, brown and this natural pink.

MAC Sharon Osbourne Peaches & Cream Powder Blush is £22 but is out of stock online now. You might be lucky at your local MAC counter though...

I really did indulge myself with the MAC Sharon Osbourne Collection as I just really liked the colours of the Duchess Eyeshadow Quad (see HERE), the Patentpolish lip crayons (HERE) and the Mineralize Skinfinish in Refresh (HERE). I must start showing some restraint. That said, I have already had a little splurge on next week's MAC Monday item... Be sure to swing by and see what I've given into this time!

Check out my other MAC Monday posts HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment